I finally got round to finishing an altered project! I spent New Year's Day crafting and up to my eyes in paint, inks, tissue paper and varnish.
The tin before a few layers of gesso primer and acrylic paint. A few colours of alcohol ink (purple, blue and brown) along with blending solution were applied over the top. Some stamping was done directly onto the tin with black Staz-On ink - dots, stars and flourishes.
Further fluorishes and two types of script were stamped onto white tissue and applied to the tin with decoupage medium.
A frame was embossed in gold onto tissue and applied with decoupage medium, allowing the image to follow the contours of the tin. 'J.R' were die cut letters from thin black card.
Labels and bottles were stamped onto white tissue which had been previously coloured with alcohol ink and then back filled with cream acrylic paint to create a solid image when decoupaged. The 'DANGER' sign was stamped onto white tissue paper and painted on the back with white acrylic paint. The tissue was crumpled a number of times once the paint was dry to crack the paint and give an aged look when stuck to the tin.
The skull image on the lid, was stamped onto white tissue then shading was created with Promarkers in yellow and brown before painting on the reverse with cream acrylic paint.
The tin was lightly sanded on the corners and brown alcohol ink applied to create a 'rusted' look. A few coats of varnish were applied to the tin to seal all the elements.
The book plate on the front was made from an aluminium foil food tray, die cut and painted with black patina paint. Dripping alcohol ink over the painted bookplate, dissolves the patina and leaves the colour behind where the paint has cracked. Contrasting green card was stamped with 'KEEP OUT!', varnished and placed under the bookplate.
The tin was finished with some charms, chain and pink brads.