Experimenting with paper, inks, stamps, paints, fabrics, stitches, metal..........

Experimenting with paper, inks, stamps, paints, fabrics, stitches, metal..........

Tuesday 17 September 2013

Fun With ATCs - Stripes

Fun with ATCs theme this time is 'Stripes'.



The windmill stamp (Claritystamp) is a great image and is full of stripes so I thought it would be perfect for this piece.  The windmill also set me off with the colour scheme, although it's probably not authentic Delft blue!  The image was stamped in Versafine permanent ink and coloured partly in Distress Markers


I created a background of stripes in dfferent shades of blue using Distress Markers and a rubber stamp stripe made from off-cuts from a sheet of red rubber stamps.


I save loads of these off-cuts in different random shapes, they come in really useful for backgrounds and it seems so wasteful throwing them away.

The background was wrapped in torn vellum and the main windmill image was secured with foam pads.

An embellishment was added, made from a brad blank (Papermania) and a tiny laser cut tulip coloured blue.



I know I am only supposed to submit one entry to the ATC challenge, but couldn't resist, I just had to make another one - this time in landscape.  I think I like it better!




4 comments:

  1. Love all the blues it makes the ATC look very dutch

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful design! Love the idea - very artsy!

    Thank you for playing along with us at FunwithATCs!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - these are divine and that little Tulip must have been soooo fiddly to put on there. :-) I like the landscape one too. Brilliant !!
    Thank you for joining us at FwATCs :-)

    IKE x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool... love the stripes going in so many different directions, it creates a wonderful landscape. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Fun With ATCs.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete